October 30, 2011

Recipe Box: Channeling TeaBerry Smoothies

I was introduced to TeaBerry last summer. It is a little shop in downtown Fargo that serves bubble tea and crepes. Since moving down to the greater MPLS area I don't get to have TeaBerry that often anymore. I tried a place in the Cities and it just wasn't the same, it tasted like pure sugar. Sad.


My favorite is a honeydew/watermelon fruit smoothie. And the best part? They use real fruit. Delish. So upon my adventure home last weekend I went and got my favorite. On the drive back to Hutch I was trying to think of how I could make a recreation of it. And then I stumbled upon a smoothie recipe at Food Network. I made it and it was ALMOST like I was walking down Broadway with my camera and smoothie in hand. 


Honeydew Almond Smoothie


1 cup chopped honeydew, chilled
1 cup ice
1/2 cup almond milk
squeeze of honey


Blend together until smooth. Drink up!
Makes one serving



Strawberry Banana Smoothie


1/2 cup chopped banana
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup ice
1/2 cup almond milk


Blend together until smooth. Enjoy!
Makes one serving

Yeah...I know, it's fall and I should be enjoying a cup of hot apple cider or something. I find smoothies to be a very filling and satisfying treat. And hey, I need to get in my fruit somehow right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...