I think in my past life I was like a 50's/60's housewife to an Ad Man. It's only makes sense right? A love for design, baking, and cooking. Definitely makes sense.
At the Farmer's Market on Saturday I bought three cute little pumpkins. There is currently a homemade pumpkin pie baking in my oven. And then I discovered I still had leftover apples that I picked from the apple tree outside my work. So I made applesauce. And with the leftover cream from the pie, I added some honey and made whipped honey butter.
Oh, I also roasted the pumpkin seeds. Mmmmmmm. My apartment smells strongly of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin. The great scents of fall.
Sweet & Salty Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 c. pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- 1 tbs. melted butter
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 300. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread pumpkin seeds out on sheet and back for 50-60 minutes until dry.
- Toss seeds with butter, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread out on pan again and put back in oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp and crunch.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container.