October 19, 2011

My Past Life with Pumpkin Seeds in Hand


I think in my past life I was like a 50's/60's housewife to an Ad Man. It's only makes sense right? A love for design, baking, and cooking. Definitely makes sense.

At the Farmer's Market on Saturday I bought three cute little pumpkins. There is currently a homemade pumpkin pie baking in my oven. And then I discovered I still had leftover apples that I picked from the apple tree outside my work. So I made applesauce. And with the leftover cream from the pie, I added some honey and made whipped honey butter.

Oh, I also roasted the pumpkin seeds. Mmmmmmm. My apartment smells strongly of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin. The great scents of fall.

Sweet & Salty Pumpkin Seeds
  • 1 c. pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
  • 1 tbs. melted butter
  • 1 tbs. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  1. Preheat oven to 300. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. 
  2. Spread pumpkin seeds out on sheet and back for 50-60 minutes until dry.
  3. Toss seeds with butter, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. 
  4. Spread out on pan again and put back in oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp and crunch. 
  5. Let cool and store in an air tight container. 
If you have a pumpkin laying around. Definitely make these. Sweet and salty, delicious snack. And while they're baking, have a dance party to this classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...