December 14, 2011

Recipe Box: Spice Rubbed Chicken


I made this quite awhile ago. And to be honest, it's another one of those things where I don't exactly have a recipe for it. I just started throwing spices in a bowl.

Spices such as: 
  • Chili Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Celery Salt
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Brown Sugar
  • Parsley
  • Thyme
  • Cumin
  • Oregano
  • Paparika
  • Salt
  • Pepper
I think I used chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, parsley, brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper.

1. Rub the chicken with your spice rub. Place in baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Store in fridge for 4-5 hours to marinate.
2. When you're ready to bake them, preheat oven to 400.
3. Remove plastic wrap from baking dish. Add just enough water to keep chicken moist while baking. (About 1/4 way up chicken.)
4. Bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
5. Let rest for 5 minutes.

*I added a bit of rice vinegar to my pan drippings for a sauce. The rice vinegar is a sweeter vinegar so it was a good pairing for all the spices.

Serve with sauteed veggies. My favorites are red and green peppers, mushrooms, red onion, and potatoes. I sauteed them in olive oil and a few of the spices from my rub.

Sounds delish right? The leftover made great fajitas the next day.

Need ideas for spice combinations? Try herehere, and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...