June 20, 2011

Summer To Do's: Recipes

1: Jelly/Jam
When I was younger, one thing Ma and I always did during the summer was make jelly/jam. This summer, I think it would be fun to make some.

Perhaps strawberry...

Or raspberry...

Or something crazy...like kiwi.

2: Salsa
I also want to try making some homemade salsa. I've never made salsa before. Could be fun! We tried capturing some salsa/chip dipping photos tonight while out at dinner. We failed...

There's a jar of pineapple peach salsa sitting in my fridge. It is delicious.

Maybe something with super chunky fresh veggies...

Or maybe a fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips...

3: Macarons
Not to be confused with macaroons. I've been wanting to try these out for quite some time, but am kind of scared. They look so dang pretty though! 

Definitely would make them brightly colored like these.

And then fill them with homemade jelly/jam...

And homemade frosting. 

All photos via Pinterest. (Easily becoming a favorite site to visit...)

Now I just have to find some time to start cooking and baking...I also want to start really styling photo shoots for my random recipes/food making adventures instead of just snap shots. Must visit thrift stores and antique shops for fun plates...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...