June 15, 2011

Wise Words for a Wednesday

Last week I was listening to a Freakonomics podcast about where all the great hitters of baseball went. Now days it just seems like more of the focus on the match ups in pitching. But a quote about fielding stuck out to me:

"But great defense has grit and elegance. It's larceny. You get to steal something, a hit, that a second ago belonged to someone else."

How awesome and true is that? Now I just have to live it when I'm playing in the field...Unlike tonight. Oops. 

And then I came across this great video. People can be amazing and selfless. 


Great moment.

And I post about softball as my Facebook explodes with Stanley Cup stuff...You can tell where my priorities are. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...