November 8, 2011

Mondrian Inspired Art

One by one I am making over the rooms in my apartment starting with my bedroom. It is getting the gray and yellow treatment. The walls were pretty blank so in trying to think of how to liven them up in a simple way. The Rooftop Coffee Bar in the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art that creates a cake inspired my Piet Mondrian's paintings.

How pretty right? I want to try my hand at making one. Anyways, it hit me that this was simple enough where I wouldn't have to deal with my lack of painting skills. So I made these:



My gray and yellow version of a Piet Mondrian piece of work. If you don't know who Mondrian is, he was a Dutch painter during the De Stijl art movement in the early to mid 1900's. De Stijl had a heavy focus on emphasis on abstraction and using just form and color.

My interior design tip: Pick up some canvas, paints, and a paintbrush. Then pull inspiration in from somewhere and get to work!

1 comment:

  1. I love your take on the Mondrian paintings! They look awesome! I've been meaning to do an abstract painting to go over my TV. I have some ideas but this just might be the "inspirational push" that I needed! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...