This is probably one of the best pasta I've had in awhile. If you are looking for a simple to make, yet fancy sounding dish to impress, this is it. Perhaps a good Valentine's Day meal.
Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp butter, divided
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 oz sliced bella mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken stalk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- green onion, sliced thinly
- parmesan cheese
2. Heat 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter in pan. Saute shrimp until cooked through, it only takes a few minutes. Set aside.
3. Add other tsp olive oil and tsp of butter to plan. Cook garlic for a minute and then add in mushrooms. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. I ended up adding a bit extra butter to keep mushrooms from being too dry.
4. Stir in chicken broth and wine to deglaze pan. Add shrimp and spaghetti into veggies and sauce. Toss everything together.
5. Place over heat again until bubbly.
6. Top with parmesan cheese and green onion.
7. Serve and enjoy!
I used a Chardonnay for my wine choice. I'm not a big wine drinker so thank goodness for the labels on the back telling you what it is best served with.