April 13, 2011

Simply Inspired

Today inspiration comes from a couple podcast interviews from The Nerdist. Particularly the interviews of Alison Brie and Donald Glover who are part of the Community cast. Both are incredibly talented and hilarious.

So what you ask did you find so intriguing about the interviews? I admire people who just don't stop. Don't stop chasing their dreams and who just don't stop doing what they love. These two actors always seem to be busy doing what they love to do. Alison is on two shows I adore, Community and Mad Men. Two totally different shows and I think she gets to exercise her acting talents in great ways because of it. Donald is a comedian, actor, writer, rapper, he's kind of got it all covered. They are two young talents with so much ahead of them yet. Their careers have only just started.

I like to be busy, I like to be busy doing what I love. I look forward to be get to a place in my life where I am just surrounded by everything I am passionate about. Listening to people talk about their lives and how they are living their dreams kind of gives me that motivation to keep plugging along to get to where I want to be too. I miss being in a community where the creativeness was always flowing. 

One thing that struck me during Donald's interview was a quote very similar to the one in the little image I made below. He was a writer for 30 Rock and then got his gig with Community. People could say he was lucky and got jobs of a lifetime. But if you take it in perspective, he still had to work hard at it. He joked about how in college he didn't have friends, he worked to pay for schooling and focused on comedy. (It was refreshing and reassuring to know there are other crazy focused people in the world.) Then when the right opportunities presented themselves, he jumped on them. Behind the scenes, he worked hard at getting the proper materials ready so when the chance came he was ready.


That really got me thinking about my life and the past year since I've graduated. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. It gets through day after day. And that when the right opportunity arises, I will be ready. For the opportunities that are passing right by my eyes right now, there's a reason why they are passing by. It's just not my time yet to move forward. I've got more learning to do in this chapter of my life.

The interviews were very enjoyable to listen to. The enthusiasm and excitement for their work really came across. I think that everybody should have something they are super enthusiastic about. And then find out how you can make a living from it. Why would you want to do something for the rest of your life you don't enjoy? Is the money really worth it? I want to wake up every morning and be excited about the day ahead, not dreading it.

Now I get to go work on a logo/t-shirt design for a good friend. It's zombie themed. Heck yesssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...