April 19, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: Childish Gambino


Last week I mentioned Donald Glover in a post. He is one of the actors on Community. I found out via a podcast interview with Nerdist that he is also a rapper. Of course, I had to check it out. Some of the stuff is your typical rap..but there were a couple of songs that stuck out to me.

"But I swear to God, Tina Fey gave me confidence. Taught me everything that is good comes from honesty. Everybody's got a voice, you just gotta follow it."


"And if I let it go, there'd be no one left to know. Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision."

"I am just different."

The lyrics of these three songs kind of remind me of my life in the way that I try not to let anything step in my way of getting to where I need to be. The only thing that can get in my way is myself. People who overcome obstacles in their life and make it to the top help me to keep going. If they can do it, why can't I?

Glover has had quite a life already. He's like 27 or something and has already been a writer for 30 Rock, done comedy gigs all over the country, has a couple albums out, and is acting in a hit TV show. What a life huh? 

I also found this little remix of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" I thought was kind of sweet. 


Adele's voice is awesome. I haven't checked out her new album yet except for this song but I think now I will have to. 


P.S. I have blog design ADD or something...I feel like I'm constantly changing things around. Bare with me while I just try and figure out how Inspire Me is going to look officially. I kind of realized today while driving to work I'm going through an identity crisis. I'll get there one day. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...