January 12, 2011

Inspire Me: Design Firms

I've been thinking about doing this for a little while now. I am a nerd. More specifically, I am a design nerd. Don't worry, I embrace it. But today, I thought I would share with you some of the design firms I like to keep a watch on and who, I think, produce some amazing work. They are all pretty big named companies so I'm sure you've seen some of their work, just may not have known who the designers were.

 
 
Duffy & Partners: Minneapolis, MN
I know, I repeat myself from yesterday. I'm sorry, but these guys are amazing and have always helped their clients reach a good height of success. I got see their moodboards and thought processes behind Fresca and the Bahamas when I went for that tour I mentioned before. Good quality work. 

 
Design Army: Washington, D.C. 
Over the summer, during my many visits to Barnes & Noble and flipping through every design book I could find, Design Arm kept popping up. I had to look into them more. Their use of color, type, illustrations, photography...It's all amazing. I don't think they have one design I don't like. 

 
Urban Influence: Seattle, WA
This is one company who's creative process I would like to see and experience. I love their versatility and creativeness. I love to use different materials in design so it's great to see places like Urban Influence experimenting and pushing the limits with things like that. 

  
  
Willoughby Design: Kansas City, MO
This is a firm, too, I kept coming across in my daily book perusing at Barnes & Noble. And yesterday I actually listened to a podcast that featured Ann Willoughy as a guest. So I got to hear about her start in design and a bit about her company. 

  
Hatch Design: San Francisco, CA
Of course, Hatch, who did the lovely JAQK Cellar bottles I posed yesterday. I don't even like chocolate and I want to find out where I can get some of that Charles Chocolates. Love the use of illustrations in the West Elm bags. Their website had a great, great business card for KEA Inc. Check it out. 

Transformers 3 Teaser Trailer
Chuck Opening Credits (Also, my favorite TV Show)
Mad Men Intro (Another favorite)
This is an amazing company for interactive and multimedia work. Just phenomenal stuff. You must check them out. I never imagined some of my favorite film and TV opening and closing credits and movie trailers were all done by one company. 

So there are some of my favorite design firms/companies and ones I like to keep an eye on. Check out their sites for more great work. It would be a dream come true to work at any one of these companies and they have definitely set the standard of work I hope to achieve at some point in my life. And trust me, there are plenty more design firms out there that do equally great work, I'm finding new ones every day. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...