January 19, 2011

Inspire Me: Graphic Design

This morning, I found a couple of wonderful collections of graphic design work. I was a bit irritated because of course I would find them 10 minutes before I had to leave for work. At work, I can't really do my internet perusing...This was some very inspiring stuff.

First up is some fantastic work from Julia's Poppies.

What a pretty calendar.


 
I will be doing some Save the Dates for two friends who are getting married in July. This is some great inspiration. I love the use of colors and paper stock.

You will have to check out the rest of her work. I admire her use of illustrations and colors. 

Next up is some design work from a graduate student of School of Visual Arts, Leen Sadder. For her class "Can Design Touch Someone's Heart?" she did some conceptual stuff taking inspiration from Mary Poppins. 

I'm in love with this umbrella. 



This whole project makes me miss college so much. 

Last up is some wonderful work from Sussner Design in Minneapolis (great design community in Mpls) for Invision Eyewear.



Great use of typography and illustrated icons.
Work like this makes me sooo enthused to work at a design firm one day (hopefully soon) and even more excited to own a design firm one day in the future. 

Those are my little features for the day. I am off to work on some of the font stuff and color palettes for my own little branding project. I've started to help Marlon with his personal branding tonight, we were working on colors and will pick back up on that when he returns from skating. Hopefully Skype won't be such a pain in the butt this time. 

Glad the week is almost over with! I need a good vacation from my life. 

:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm sorry its so cold where you live!! If it makes you feel any better, its supposed to be like 2 degrees here tomorrow - brrr! :/

    I was so happy to see my button on your "blogs I love" sidebar! I returned the favor :)

    Hope you'll stop by again soon!
    xo
    Veronica
    http://crackthesky17.blogspot.com

    P.S. I love those glasses window-graphics. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess with winter comes the cold weather no matter where you are! Stay warm!

    Thanks for posting my button on your blog too!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...