March 17, 2011

After Some Thinking..

Last night I had a great chat with Marlon. It got me thinking about this blog and where it fits into my life. My original intention was for it to be the home for my crafty handmade stuff. But as time past and blog posts were made it kind of has turned into a hub between that crafty handmade made stuff and my design/photography side.

So...After a days worth of thinking, note taking, sketching, and what have you, I have decided I am going to be making some changes. It was a productive day in the ideation process.



But...

I don't think that I will spill the beans quite yet. Just please note, that over the next week, there will be changes. Don't be scared if things start looking funny and mismatched. There's a reason for it!

Life is starting to make a little more sense as the different parts of my creative world come together. Now I just hope some other things start to fall into place as well. Fingers crossed.

:)

P.S. After listening to some epic podcasts from Stuff You Should Know at How Stuff Works about fossils and mummies, I want to become a paleontologist or an archeologist. I love history. It's fascinating.


P.P.S I also listening to one by Soundworks Collection about the sound engineering in Tron Legacy. I never really had much intention of wanting to watch the movie, I'm not really a sci-fi kind of gal. However, after listening (I couldn't watch the panel at work) I've changed my mind. I want to see it now. There was a sound they used for the lightcycles I believe that was using a deck of cards. How freakin' creative and amazing is that?


After listening to the podcast, sound engineering sounds like fun. A lot of work, yes, but fun. There is some wicked sound editing done in Tron Legacy and it was really interesting to hear about it. That and hearing all of the layers of sound individually and then put together as one scene. It was even more intriguing not being able to see any of it. Kind of makes me appreciate the fact we are able to have sound in our movies and tv shows, years ago there was no such thing. Oh silent films...

I feel like I have too many interests for this lifetime...Graphic design, photography, art, computer animations, crocheting, baking, cooking, sewing, crafting, history, traveling, science, psychology, humanitarian things, writing, etc...I don't know what to do with it all! 

P.P.P.S. For ways to help Japan:
2. Scout Books: 100% of profits to go Mercy Corps (I'm going to purchase some!)
3. And Zachary Levi tweeted this last night: "If you're still looking for a way to help Japan, text REDCROSS to 90999. One text = $10. Every dollar counts. Let's make a difference." A quick and easy way to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...