March 22, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: "My Oh My" It's Almost Baseball Season

Baseball season is pretty much here. Finally. First game for my Minnesota Twins is April 1st against the Toronto Blue Jays.

MN Twins vs. KC Royals '08
We won. Of course.

While listening to a KEXP: Music that Matters podcast at work today I came across a song called "My Oh My" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. It is dedicated to the late Dave Niehaus who was a sportscaster for the Seattle Mariners. He passed away last November. I don't think you have to be a Seattle Mariners fan to appreciate this song.


"Sunflower seeds back when me and my crew sun burnt arms. Big League Chew, yeah, we were like The Sand Lot after dinner."

Those lines just completely remind me of summers back in junior high school. I lived in an incredibly small town where we had just enough for a softball team. It was wake up, play ball, go home for lunch, play ball, go home for supper, and play ball until the sunset. We had "Town and Country" softball where all the little rinky dink towns in the area had teams and we played each other all summer, every summer. It was highly competitive. On the bus rides we would sit and figure out our batting orders and where we would be placing people in the field. 

This was my sandlot.
How I miss those days.

My favorite movie...Ever.

Now I'm off to sit on my butt, drink my OJ, watch a movie, and try to get over whatever is making me feel like crap. 

:)

P.S. I hear elsewhere in Minnesota there is a snowy thunderstorm. Jealous of that. I want a thunderstorm even if it comes with snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...