March 23, 2011

Inspire Me: Soundworks Collection

My brain has this thirst for knowledge in how things work. I really like to learn about the behind the scenes things for movies and TV. I found this podcast channel a couple weeks ago from Soundworks Collection. The ones I've been listening to are hour long discussions with the sound crews from various movies and video games.

The Sound Of:


"Toy Story 3"

I love this movie. The Toy Story trilogy is a classic. In college I learned how to animate characters to the voices. It is a huge process. I have an appreciation for what the animators go through. 

"Tron Legacy"

I haven't seen this movie yet. I didn't really want to until I listened to the podcast. Hearing all the sound effects without the visual was kind of crazy. It really made me want to see it. The sound designers get so creative in how they create the sounds. When the light bikes transform (or do whatever it is they do) they produced that sound from flipping through a deck of cards. Now that's some initiative thinking. That's one of the things I really enjoy about being a creative is problem solving.

"Alice in Wonderland"

Another movie that I love. Plus, the fact that it's made on a sound stage with green screen is so cool. Tim Burton is amazing. 

"Halo: Reach"

I'm not a gamer by any means (unless Tetris and the occasional Guitar Hero or Rock Band count) but in college one of my favorite things to do was watch a bunch of my guy friends play things like Halo and C.O.D. And it was always on a surround sound which was amazing. The sounds were always incredible and for me, besides the graphics, they really made the game.

Studio Tours

Disney Studio Tour

Universal Studios Tour

I'm hoping I kicked whatever has been making me feel like crap the last day in a half. Oh well, what can you do...

The new blog stuff is coming along and my goal is to have this thing redesigned by the weekend. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...