February 8, 2011

Adventure Is Out There!

Okay, so my entry I just posted got me daydreaming about this place:

Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. One of my friends recently visited the house and I'm super jealous. Ever since my History of Modern Design class, this place has fascinated me and probably every other classmate of mine. The architecture is insane and so is the thought process behind it. Yet, it's genius at the same time.

I started this post awhile ago, just never actually got around to posting it. I figured this would be a good follow-up to the Waterfalls.

I love the movie Up! It is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Every time I watch it, I just have the itch for a grand adventure. One thing in my life I want to do is travel, travel, TRAVEL. Here are just five places on my "Must Visit List."

Rome, Italy
The one places that is absolutely calling my name is Italy. I was listening to a podcast the other day at work about Rome and it's layers of history underneath the city. I think that Europe has such a fascinating past and some great architecture. 

London, England
I love British accents. I kick myself in the butt often for not taking advantage of the EuroSpring program at my college. I had a couple of friends go our junior year and I so wish I would have gone with them. They studied at Oxford college (I don't remember for how many weeks) and then spent the last two weeks of the semester touring Europe. Jealoussss...

Los Angeles, California.
Cliche? I know. But I am intrigued by the entertainment business and Hollywood. I think this comes from when I first decided that graphic design was my life calling, my goal was to be the creator of movie posters and CD album art. (And it's still a goal.)
California is also on my "Places to Live at Least Once List."

Seattle, Washington
Hopefully I will be able to cross this off my list this summer! A friend and I are planning on taking a well needed vacation from life to Seattle. I watched an episode of HouseHunters featuring Seattle over Christmas and it got me so pumped! 
I would also like to live here for a period of time. I just want to experience living in a place outside of Minnesota for awhile. 

New Zealand
Lord of the Rings is what got me to want to visit New Zealand. The landscape just looks so gorgeous! Every picture I've seen just looks so serene. 

I get so excited at the thought of the photography I could capture in each of these places. I'm not one for the typical sightseeing activities. I would much rather just walk around and explore. I like the types of places tourists over look and that the locals know about. I think you can get more of a feel and experience with those types of places. I can't wait to be able to have the time and money to visit the world. My travel list continues on...and on...and on.

Where do you want to travel to?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...