February 27, 2011

Inspire Me: Animations

I love animations. 3D animations, stop motion animations, 2D animations. I thought I would pass along a few of my favorites to you.

This past summer I found an awesome animation from the Ringling College of Art and Design: Home. And a little while ago a friend showed me a couple others. These students are super talented and creative! I hope to be able to fiddle around more in creative modeling and animation at some point.

"The Visionary"
This made me think of my Pa and the first time he tried using contact lenses.

"Against the Grain"

"Snow Day"
Kind of makes me think how people in the southern part of the U.S. react when snow hits. 

The rest are just a mish-mash of animations I really love. 

"Western Spaghetti" by PES

"This is Where We Live" by Apt Studio

"Deadline" It is student work done at the Savannah college of art and design. 
Such a clever idea. I am a Post-It Note addict. I wish I would have thought to do something like this.

And I will leave you with the masters of animation, Pixar. It is their newest short from Toy Story 3 (which is aaaaamazing). I love all of the Pixar shorts. If you haven't seen them, you should.

Day N Night

I will be back later tonight or tomorrow with my craft-iness update. I was productive in the art of crochet this weekend. Finished the random projects I had started and finally photographed some that I finished awhile ago. 

The Oscar's are on tonight and my faaaave actor is singing his song from Tangled and I want to listen. Plus, there are a couple of other random things I want to work on. Like my sketches for my portfolio site. Saturday and this morning, I had gotten up to work on them, started working on them, and promptly stopped when I couldn't decide how I want it to look. I got very frustrated this morning. I started the project with a vision and now it's all skewed. So, I'm going to sit down and do sketches instead. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...