February 28, 2011

A Yarn-ful Update

First I would like to start out by saying, I have been addicted to Cut Copy today.


This past weekend I finished up a lot of my random, half done projects I had lying around. Kind of wanted to clean stuff up before my hectic March.

Reusable bags.

My favorite pair of mittens I've made so far.

I finally learned how to properly make these kind of fabric flowers. Boy, are they a mess to make. But I love them anyways.

These are a couple of older projects I hadn't photographed yet.

I love the chunky yarn to make hats. Plus, they are super warm.

These brimmed hats are a little funky...The brim kind of goes down over the eyes rather than out. But I found a different pattern in more of the style I was trying to achieve. I'm going to have to try that one next.

My plan is to, in the middle of March, after I get back from shooting a friend's engagement photos, I am going to open an Etsy shop. I know I've been saying I'm going to for awhile now...

I made some wonderful gluten-free cookies yesterday with this mix:


I mixed in peanut butter and choco chips. They are FANTASTIC. Love them a lot. 


"A picture of someone who inspires you."


Okay, so you may be wondering why I posted that piece of typography rather than a portrait of somebody. I have several answers to your wondering. One, because there are SO many people who inspire me it would be an extremely long post because there's no way I could choose just one. The people that inspire me the most are people who want to make a difference and believe that they can make a difference. I get inspired by people who go out an make their dreams come true, who want to make this world a better place.

My second reason is going to sound really backwards from the objective of this particular day, but one person that has inspired me most was the person that told me I wouldn't be doing anything with my life. That I would be back at my high school job after college, which wasn't a glamorous job by any means (are high school jobs ever?) So I take challenges like that and run with them. Now, granted, I may not be doing my absolute dream job right now, but I am working my way there. I guess, I get a kick out of people who tell me I can't. I'm out to prove you wrong. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...