February 20, 2011

Curiouser and Curiouser

I am watching one of my favorite movies, the newer Alice in Wonderland. There are so many things I like about this movie: the animations, the costumes, the message. There is one quote after a rant that Alice goes on to Bayard and she says, "This is my dream. I will decide where to go from here. I make the path." In the movie, Alice's fate is to slay the Jabberwocky. She believes she is the wrong Alice and she can make her own fate. But in the end, of course, she ends up slaying it (sorry for the spoiler if you haven't seen the movie.) It got me thinking about fate and where our lives are supposed to go. Here is what I came up with:

"Fate is fate. We will all end up exactly where we are supposed to be. Just the path we chose to get there is up to us."

I guess I am just a strong believer in fate and that I will end up where I am supposed to. I just decide at any given point if I want to take Path A, Path B, Path C, etc. It's like one big gave of Shoots and Ladders. Some paths will get us there quicker than others, some we will end up going backwards for a little bit and having to keep plugging away.

BUT on a lighter note, the whole reason why I decided to watch Alice in Wonderland was because of these bad boys:



I discovered these back in college and fell in love with them...then forgot about them today when I rediscovered them. They just scream Alice in Wonderland to me. And I want one. Really want one. They are from Dust Furniture.

I also really love the costumes from the movie that Mia Wasikoska gets to wear:

 

 

I discovered an amazing song today by Josh Hoge featuring (a favorite) Caitlin Crosby.



"A picture of something that you love.

Life. Simply said.

I made cinnamon rolls today (probably post a recipe later this week) and started a new crochet bag (even though I haven't finished my first one yet.) I am working on trying not to spend money and keep my bank accounts afloat. I also, was a weekend ahead of myself all week, thinking I was going home next weekend when I am not. Oops, my bad. 

Tomorrow is Monday. Back to work...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...